As a student, are you trying to generate money in your free time by indulging in creative work? If yes is your answer, then the following article is going to arm you with the detailed and sophisticated information as to how can you make blogging as your profession in future. Needless to say, that by doing so, you have the potential of earning handsome amount of money.
So are you ready to start your blogging journey? Before starting blogging as part time, first you need to check you can manage all these below mentioned requirements or not.
- Little amount of money (Investment purpose)
- Writing Skills
- Fluent English and communication skills
- Geeky mind
- Time (For both College Studies + Blogging)
- Family Support
Perfect plan for students to turn as part time bloggers:
First build your blog!
Hundreds of articles available to teach you this, however I’m explaining it shortly in 4,5 lines. Choose a niche according to your experience. Buy hosting from hostgator and domain from godaddy (most popular combination). Now take help from your web host to install wordpress CMS on your domain.
- Buy a premium theme OR get a free theme to use.
- Do basic seo, like: Meta, Robots.txt, Sitemap etc.
- Make your blog simple and beautiful in looks
1. Writing part (Daily 1 – 2 hours at least)
Building a blog is dead easy, even a kid can do it by following above lines. When it comes to writing articles and creating readership, you need to use your skills wiser. It’s time to show your skills. Spend daily at least 2 hours time on researching and writing articles.
- Research and write about new topics
- Share your experience
- Don’t touch other niches or topics, stick to your niche only.
- Do not write too lengthy posts; make your posts simple and clear.
- Format your posts to create reader friendly articles
2. Promotion part (Daily 30 mins)
I hope you already know how important promotion is to a newly started blog, your blog future is totally depends on this.
- Leave meaningful comments in other blogs.
- Promote your blog on social networking sites
- Write & submit guest posts on your holidays / Sundays!!
3. Social networking & Communications (Daily 30 mins)
Social networking is very important for every blogger, he needs to make blogging friends and they will help him in every step.
- Have social profiles, and be friends with your co-bloggers.
- Check your mail, and give reply’s to inquiries.
Once your blog started receiving at least 500 unique visits per day, then you can thinking about monetization. Monetize your blog when you think your blog is ready for it, and then start receiving money for your part time work!
This a standard work routine for college / school students who are working part time, 3Hrs every day for blogging is very possible I think. Keep working with this routine even after you started receiving revenue, Because to take full career in blogging, you need to work very hard. I don;t suggest you to take blogging as full time career until you have a popular authority blog in your niche.
All the best!